Even though Christmas day is over, Christmas is not!
This is a great activity to do with children as you celebrate the wise men arriving in Bethlehem at Epiphany after following the star. If you have access to an oven, you can bake the biscuits with the children during your session. Alternatively, bake the biscuits beforehand and let the children decorate them!
You will need: An oven, greaseproof paper, a baking tray, 200g butter, 250g plain flour, 75g cornflour, 100g icing sugar, a pinch of salt, star cookie cutters, icing and sprinkles to decorate
- Set the oven to 180C and preheat.
- Beat butter and icing sugar together until fluffy.
- Sift in flour, cornflour and salt and mix together to make a dough.
- Roll out dough to the thickness of a £1 coin and cut star shapes with the cookie cutter
- Put star shapes on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and bake in the oven for 15-20 mins
- Cool on a cooling tray and then decorate with icing and sprinkles!
What is it like to go on a long journey? How do you know where to go? What does it feel like to find something you have been looking for?What do you think the wise men felt and thought when they found Jesus?
Pray: Eat the biscuits and pray that this year we will all come to find out more about Jesus and how much he loves us.